Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shoutout to our SF team!

Hi all! Kristen here. I know… it’s taken me 6 months to break into the marathon blogging world. No great excuses, but I’m happy to come out and join you all! First, you should all know that you have been so inspiring to me! From tips, to affirmation, to knowing that I’m not alone in the excessive chafing between my legs (thanks Kik), I have loved journeying with all of you. I still can’t believe that six months ago, I avoided running one mile at all costs, and here I am, chattin about how 20 isn’t as bad as you’d imagine. I would have NEVER dreamed it, and I am so happy! Way to go Kiki in getting us out there.

So today’s my day to make sure to give a shout out to some of our other hardworking marathon buddies...

Introducing… the beautiful, the incredible Rachael Arreguin & Korin Okamura!
Lookin' fly ladies. I could have picked more embarassing, believe me.

These are two of my most favorite, precious friends in the world. From that first running week after Thanksgiving, they have been on board- reading the blog, training on the nasty hills of San Fran, finding vintage lamps on the side of the road and running them miles home, getting cheered on by homeless men, and conquering marathon life! I’m so proud of them, and so thankful to have them on this running adventure with me. We ran our 20 together in SLO on Saturday, and they rocked it!

Also, as we’re gearing up for the weekend, if you get a chance to pray for Korin, all this running has brought on some weird internal body/thyroid issues… we’re really praying that it doesn’t keep her from the race! Thanks for supporting her!

Can’t wait to be with you all in 2 weeks! Yessss!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Korin and Rachael! That's awesome. Way to go on the 20...we thought about you over there as we were running in the heat here. We will see you SOON...and hoping you get the thyroid thing under control Korin.
    love, grace

    ReplyDelete