Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Curtis Here Woo Hoo people are posting!

Alright! That's what I'm talking about.... Tayler figured out how to log in, Kiki is about to poop her pants, Grace is getting chased by dogs, Megan is taking vacations in the Hamptons.... these updates are awesome!
My training is going good. I'm doing Marathon Coach. It is based on time, not mileage and has me doing 2 to 2 1/2 hour runs every long day for 8 weeks, with three runs all over an hour on the days in between. I do one 3 hour run in late April and then start tapering down. I'm a little worried that I'm not ever going to do a run over 20 miles during training... but I do see the benefit in not over training.
I've been researching every aspect of running and trying different things to see what works. I now wear compression tights when I run which Vali is pretty in to cause they make my legs look hot. I have been drinking about 20 ounces of Gatorade while on my long runs but not eating anything. Is anyone eating the gu stuff while running? Does it help? After the run, I drink a protein shake. I have also been taking Joint pills for my knees which really seem to help. I have not had any problems with diarrhea (sorry Kik).

So here is a question for everyone: What is the biggest annoyance or pain for you when you are on a high mileage run? I would say my feet and hip flexors hurt the worst. So then the second question is what can you do about it? I was talking with a friend who has done marathons and his answer was that you are basically just in horrible pain for the last part of the marathon. Who's getting excited?

Alright, happy training.

No comments:

Post a Comment