Monday, March 26, 2012

Grace here: I am starting to hate dogs

Ok fellow runners...WHO, I ask, WHO gets bit TWICE in their lifetime by dogs while running? I'm not even a runner! My first week of training a dog tripped me, this last week a dog came up and bit me in my booty!!! I got bit one other time in Romania a few years back. Sheesh. What is the deal? My only claim to fame is that this time the dog, NOAH, was classically trained in obedience by the dog whisperer himself, Caesar Milan! They even did a program here on the dumb dog. After the chomp Steve fearlessly drove me to ER where I was humiliated to death holding my bum in my bloody hand while a roomful of sick people stared at me. 3 hours later, I was released, all clean, patched up and given Vicodin and antibiotics.
I still managed to run 11 miles with the fam on Saturday. Amazing! ELEVEN miles!!! I never would've believed I could do that. I still don't believe I can make 26, but just taking it one day at a time.
Keep going gang! It feels overwhelming when I look ahead at the schedule and I know I have lots more time to train than all of you. Knowing you're training too gives me courage to keep going. I started listening to audio books and that has helped a LOT to take my mind off the misery. Keep at it, and blog about it! Let's keep encouraging one another!

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously unbelievable! You really are a trooper Aunt Grace!!

    ReplyDelete