Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sum it Up Challenge: Deadline: June 10

Grace here. I know we've all been thinking about this process we've been in the last 4-6 months as we've trained for our upcoming marathon. Personally, I just recently turned a corner on believing I actually might do the whole thing. From day one, I expected to fail. About 2 months ago I decided I would just do the 1/2 and felt like I MAY be able to do that. Yesterday we did our 20 miler. Now I am starting to believe I might finish the thing before the street sweepers show up. I have a challenge for ALL of us! Even if you've never written on this blog. I would love to hear (and document) for all of us our life lessons from the Rock n Roll family marathon training...kiki.made.me.do.it. You have from now until one week past the marathon (June 10) to send me a short summary of your journey. Just a few sentences is all. PLEASE????? You have PLENTY of time left to form your thoughts as you run the remaining miles. Be yourself, be honest, be timely. Email me your summary when you're ready: grace.cabalka@gmail.com Questions to consider (just in case you have writer's block, feel free to chart your own course!): What are you the most proud of? What has the training experience been like for you? How have others encouraged or discouraged you? What have you learned from them? What principle for life have you embraced in this process? How has being part of a 'community (kkmmdi) impacted your experience? How has this challenge influenced how you face other challenges in your life? At what point did you want to quit the most? What kept you going? When you look back at your months of training; what makes you smile? Can you come up with ONE sentence that summarizes it all for you? No rules, no expectations (other than to DO IT...gracemademedoit). Thank you so much! I will treasure your words, Aunt, mom, friend, cousin, wife, runner, grace

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Grace. So you want us to email it to you? or post it on the blog?

    What are you gonna do with them? will we be able to see everyone's responses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracemademedoit.....another challenge to tackle....wow, I am being stretched in all sorts of ways!!! :)

    ReplyDelete