Thursday, April 26, 2012

We made it!

Well we made it! Vali and I completed our first half marathon race... it was actually Vali's first real race ever. We had such a great time being a part of this race in a city that is so special to us. We actually ran past the house I lived in while I went to Cal Poly. The race had some pace groups which was a great way to make sure we didn't go out to fast. I followed the 2 hour group for the first half of the race which was a great pace that allowed me to really push it at the end. It definitely felt good to be passing people at the end of the race. Our Times: Curtis 1:51 Vali 2:12 In response to the post below regarding the race shades... near the turn around point half way through our race, the leaders passed on the other side. I'm running along with my hat, sunglasses, inhaler, my compression tights, iphone arm band, headphones, under armor, and the race T-shirt (Kiki was right when she told us only the nerds wear the shirts from the race). The guys passing on the other side are wearing short shorts, tank tops and running shoes. That's it. So I'm pretty sure the professionals would tell you to leave all the gear at home and go out with the bare minimum. Hope everyone gets healthy and is able to enjoy the San Diego Marathon as much as we enjoyed the SLO half. Peace. Curtis.

1 comment: