Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Swedish Fish

Hello All...no this is not about how much i love to swim (because i'm sweedish :) there is word on the track (instead of the street...since we're runners (don't worry, i won't explain all my jokes...just the ones you wouldn't get...i don't want you to miss out on how funny i actually am)) is that fruit snacks are "just as good" as goo. raise your hand if you like goo? my hand is on the ground. sooooo... i have replaced goo with Swedish fish. i think i have made a breakthrough discovery. if you don't believe me, try it. stick with the swedish fish too...don't get creative and say "oh i'll do sour patch kids" (vali)...those will make you even MORE thirsty! so i loaded my neon yellow water bottle with a handy pouch (literally hand pouch) with chapstick, my key, and swedish fish and started my 18 miles on saturday. thats right. 18...how many of you did it?!? ps... you're prayers must have worked because my knee is like at 70% and ya know what? that is good enough for me. I thought i'd share some of my 18 miles of adventure with you. I finished in 3 hours and 4 minutes (don't be impressed...its not impressive) i burned 2218 calories i climbed 845 feet i chaffed like big time...i have scabs on my inner thighs. i bought anti-chaf that night. my fastest mile (mile 4) was at 7:32 my slowest mile (mile 8) was 12:21 (oops) I got hit on a few times. one guy I ran into i went to high school with...hes a total stalker. being newly single i thought, sure i'll give him a shot and gave him my number...the second thing he texted me was "its such a small world huh still kinda think it's squirrel turd nutty that i came across yo one the bike path"...don't worry...i didn't text him back after that. one guy said i had the nicest ass he had ever seen (sorry for the profanity...but ask Vali if you don't believe me...she was on the phone) i wanted to explain that its not usually as tight as it is, but i've been running to train for a marathon with all my family......... he lost interest. i got the worst sun burn and after it was all over i fell asleep on the beach for 2 hours. it was amazing. but...the next morning i woke up feeling like i got into a fight the night before and was drunk out of my mind....neither of which are true (in case you questioned that) i was just exhausted and dehydrated... oops. but on a completely different note: OUR MARATHON IS IN 1 MONTH.....yiiiiiikes. is anyone else super scared. and...OUR SHIRTS CAME IN!!!! they are so cool. they are crew neck...and if you ask me..no thank you, i'm going to cut mine up all cool...but you dont' have to. you can wear it crew if you're classy like that. alright. here is my post 18 mile picture...the one above is my pre18 miles. if you're wondering how my hair stayed so perfect...i was wearing 2 rubber bands.

3 comments:

  1. by the way...when i wrote that out...it was all separated and way easier to understand. sorry for one big paragraph.
    hopefully you can catch my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this even though i feel sore and tired just reading it. i don't know why you'd do this to yourself of your own volition but i'm proud of you!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a week ahead of the schedule we're on. We do 18 this week. And where do you get Swedish fish?

    ReplyDelete